Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I just wanna be me!

This man is a Saint:
That's my husband, David.
He came home from yet another sixteen hour shift yesterday afternoon to a blubbering pile of hormonal angst. (Yes, me. Again.)
He held me tightly as I dramatically sobbed into his arms "Sometimes I just HATE being me!"

His response was gentle, but quick.
"Well Sweetie, who would you rather be then?"

It didn't take me long to answer him.
No one.
Because even on my very worst day, I still have it so much better than anyone else I know.

There are many reasons I can say that, but my favorite is because I am the only women in the world that can  hold my head up high and proudly proclaim that this family belongs to me:

Left to right: Ian, Kaleb, Pop (David's dad), David, Ethan
This blog title and my WW screen name for which it was named, are incredibly accurate. Barbie truly is so very blessed.


I am  so very happy to just be who I am.
Imperfect, flawed, quite frankly a hot mess more often than not.
Yet so very blessed it makes it all totally worthwhile!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! First, I finally get to put faces to the names I've heard so much. Also, it reflects my thinking so perfectly as well. You are right, there really is no one I would rather be than me. It also reminded me of that Laura Story song, So I Can Just be Me, linking in also to what you posted yesterday.

    ReplyDelete